Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Magic Minh



This is the start of a new drawing featuring my new muse, Minh the Ninja. I reckon I'll put one or two more figures on the right hand side. Quite like leaving the background white and the smudges. The negative space works well. I have to think of how I'm going to work in some architecture - if at all - maybe this drawing I will leave just figures. See what happens..
Looking at the drawings small on the blog makes me think they should have another element going on apart from the charcoal - am always a bit hesitant with experimenting with my drawings as the details take a long time and I don't want to fuck them up but really I think the time has come. Possibly some graphite lines or pure pigment on canvas could work well to get the dense black areas and these could weep a bit - or, god forbid, even some spray can. I was looking at graffiti duo Herakut last week and they do some really amazing stuff wih very detailed areas and other areas very unworked.

No comments: