Monday, June 22, 2009

An Early Start


I had an extremely early start this morning. My room is at ground level, sidewalk level I suppose one could say and I wake to the loud, babbling nonsense of New Yoykers as they walk past which they do extremely early. So I got up at 5.30 and thought I'd walk up to 42nd street to see if I could get some good shots of the area round Times Square while there weren't many people about.

Not so, it would appear that even at 6 the streets are chocka, which made me think I'd possibly found one of the bullet points to Break America - get up 4 hours earlier than you normally would, in an attempt to make sufficient fistfuls of dollars to survive in this beast of a city, and subsequently be able to break it.

Thereby winning my own contest - joking, I'm not allowed to enter.

No comments: